Ignite, Tri-City’s youth ministry, is a place for teens to learn about God and grow to love Him, make friends, reach out, and have fun! Our focus is on spiritual growth and development of Christ-likeness, not just lots of activity. We are here to assist, not replace, the parents in their teen’s spiritual development. We do this through mentoring young people for ministry by discipling them to become spiritually mature servant-leaders who will fulfill the great commission at home and abroad.
Ignite seeks to glorify God by discipling teenagers, and assisting their parents in equipping them to be faithful servant-leaders, fulfilling the Great Commission at home and abroad. (Matthew 28:19-20)
Ignite exists to exalt the Triune God through lifestyle worship; Edify believers through correct doctrine, discipleship, fellowship, and unity; Evangelize the unsaved through prayer and the proclamation of the Gospel.
- It is the means by which God reveals Himself to us. (Psalm 19)
- It is completely perfect and profitable. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- We will seek to not only teach the Bible, but teach the young people to study the Bible on their own.
- The responsibility for raising godly young people is placed upon the parents. (Deuteronomy 5:30-6:9)
- Children are commanded to listen to, obey, and honor their parents. (Ephesians 6:1-4)
- The job of the youth pastor and leaders is to assist and equip the parents in their God-given role. (Ephesians 4:11-12)
- We will strive to come alongside parents and assist them in their ministry to their children.
- We will strive to communicate the Word of God clearly and accurately.
- We will strive to communicate with parents frequently and effectively.
- We will strive to communicate with teens Biblically and lovingly.